Friday, October 22, 2010

Two Years Ago Today

Two years ago today, I found out I was pregnant. It was a Wednesday. Mike was out of town. My period was about 5 days late or so. I had tossed and turned all night struggling with the decision on whether to take a pregnancy test. Finally, before my alarm went off, I jumped out of bed and decided to bite the bullet and take the test. Within minutes, a positive result!

I made the bed. I walked the dogs. What else was I going to do?

I called Mike to say good morning. I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Birthday.

During all this, I remained calm but was screaming with excitement inside. I researched on ways to tell Mike of our bigh news.

Mike returned from his trip exhausted on Friday. I waited until Saturday to surprise him. We went to the Mucky Duck as we always did for brunch. I was built up with nervous excitement. We got home.

A challah in the oven. The camera set up to record on video.

Jill: "Mike, it looks like Teresa (our housecleaner) has left something in the oven"
Mike: "Huh...?"
Jill: "Yeah, come see...."
Mike walks over to the oven and opens it....we both peak in.
Jill takes the platter out of the oven with the challah on it.
Jill: "Handsome, there is a bun in our oven"!
Mike: "A challah...how nice of Teresa".
Jill: "Handsome, there is a bun in our oven"!
Mike: "Yeah, I know...that's very nice of her".
Jill, getting frustrated: "...Get it, handsome, there is a bun in our oven"!?
Mike: "Yeah, I get it" with a semi-smile.
Jill, now disappointed that he says he gets it but does not appear really excited: "You do?"...slightly pouty.
Finally....Mike gets it. =-)

I have the video to prove it but it's too big to put on the blog.

On July 3rd, 2009, little Dayton was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment