Monday, July 26, 2010

Forward-Facing is Life Changing

A new milestone of excitement for Dayton. His parents have graduated him from the infant car seat to a forward facing car seat. His friend Faith taught him the ropes the first time he took his throne (see pics).

I cannot recognize this milestone and retire the infant car seat without thanking it for taking care of our most precious possession. Not only did it put up with Dayton's crying, all bodily fluids, crumbs and more - - - but it encased him in safety when a tow-truck ran a stop sign on Halloween night and t-boned our car. Our car was totalled but we're all thankful that is all that was lost on that scary night.

Dayton has never been a fan of the infant car seat. I still have flashbacks of screaming little D as I drove from point A to B. Ugh...the drive from NYC to my parents house when he was around 3 months old. Ugh...the 90 minute drive back from Brenham to Houston when we took pictures with the wildflowers. I would sing any song I could think of/make-up to him. For example:

"I'm sorry you are crying
But your Mommy is a-driving
And she cannot help you"


Now, Dayton sits in his forward-facing throne and looks out the window with content. I love being able to glance in my rear-view mirror and see his face. We make googly eyes at one another and he breaks out in a smile.

May this seat protect Dayton with as much care as the infant-seat. Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment