Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Week with the Hirschenfangs

It occurred to me about a month ago that since I'm working mainly from home - - 'home' could be anywhere! I quickly booked Dayton and I on a flight to New Jersey to visit the Hirschenfang side of the family and meet the new member, Daniel. Namie was still on summer break from her job so she could take care of Dayton while I worked. We needed a break from the 100+ degree heat of Houston. Fabulous!

Between walking around NYC, playgrounds galore, naps in his stroller while Namie, Bebop and I lunched, the zoo, visits from Aunt Sandi, Aunt Phyllis, Jenna, Joe, sleepovers at cousin Annabel's, Aunt Sandi's, swimming in pools big and small, AND a surprise engagement celebration for Jenna and David with cousins Celia, Bruce, Allie, Emily and Joey - - - - Dayton had a blast. Phew!

Of course, in all our fun, we did miss Dayton's Daddy/my handsome and his four-legged siblings Mikki, Piper and Tiger.

Dayton stays up to date with Namie and Bebop over skype. Check out the video at the bottom of this post of him chatting away to Namie last night.












1 comment:

  1. Dayton is indeed our little star! He is performing for us, by being his adorable and seemingly very focused self. When I said, "Say go, Dayton," he turned and left!
    I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time in New Jersey, Dayton, with all of us who love you very much!

    ReplyDelete