Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Romulus Hirschenfang - One Year Ago

One year ago, my best friend, Romulus, passed away. He was my gaurdian while he was alive and I believe he remains my gaurdian now that he's passed. We tell Dayton that he is our 'Gauridan-angel-dog'. We kiss his picture every night before bed and a picture of him is also on Dayton's crib. While we may not see him in the physical-sense any more, he is still very much a part of our lives.

On October 22nd, I found out I was pregnant. Rommie and Mikki were the first to know. Mike was away travelling and I only told him when he returned home a few days later. I truly believe that Rommie knew it was okay for him to pass on. He watched over me for many years. I believe he knew that I was okay now and starting a new chapter of my life with a wonderful husband and a son to come. He could move on, his job was done.

Rommie, thank you for all you gave to us. We love and miss you very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment