Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday - - - Two Weeks Old!






How could Dayton already be two weeks old? On one hand, it's like we never had a life before him...but on the other hand, how could he already be two weeks old? Ah veh! Now we understand what people mean when they say that children grow up so fast!
It's been pretty surreal being at home all day with Dayton rather then entering the rat race of the world each day. My life revolves around this little guy - - change diaper, feed, entertain, evaluate and implement the next strategy to distract him from crying.
I'm sharing this video with you to get your opinion on whether you think Dayton is intentionally reaching for this toy on the play mat or not. He seems to reach with his right hand very consistently. I have two different play mats. The one in this video and then another that has a toy that spins when you hit it. I noticed two days ago that he repeatedly was hitting AND spinning the toy. At first I thought it was by accident but after several times and Dayton's resulting pleasure after he did it....I just couldn't help but question my first conclusion. What do you think?
Also, I love this picture of the Piper and Mikki watching over around Dayton as he plays on the play mat. He is definitely the center of ALL our attention.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute baby and cute animals looking on! As for the video, I am guessing that he is just reaching and stretching around because I am not sure if developmentally he can focus and reach for something yet... I forget the ages but I know at one point they focus on black and white then move into reds, orange and greens... sorry to burst your bubble but I would get a second opinion from a professional like your Dad!

    ReplyDelete